Here at Gardner & Wake we aim to provide our customers with a wide range of tyres, from budget to main brand tyres, to ensure safe, trouble free motoring.
What increases tyre wear?
- Your driving style, more aggressive cornering and braking would generally increase wear
- The Position of your Tyres – front tyres will wear more quickly because of movement in steering. Tyres on drive wheels will also wear faster.
- Your Speed – fast driving increases temperature and wear
- The Load You carry – more load in the vehicle will increase wear
- The Pressure or you Tyres – under inflation or over inflation can both affect the wear of your tyres.
- Wheel Alignment – your tyres will wear faster and unevenly if the wheel alignment is incorrect or if suspension parts worn.
Wet grip gets worse as the tread on your tyres wears out. This will be more noticeable as the tyre wears below 3mm.
Tyres will normally be worn out before they become to old. Tyres degrade naturally through exposure to heat, sunlight, and rain.
On older tyres, check for signs of cracking on the sidewalls of tyres and if your car is parked outside. Get them replaced if cracking is severe.